January 17, 2023
Quick and Easy Feta Flatbread Appetizers – Three Styles
These feta flatbread appetizers are all the things you look for in an appetizer – quick, easy, affordable and super tasty. Simply spread feta on your favourite flatbread, bake and sprinkle on your favourite topping. Toppings can be as simple as dried oregano or fresh herbs to more complex toppings like cucumbers and tomatoes, caramelized onions, artichokes, roasted red peppers, olives, spinach, chickpeas, chicken, arugula with nuts and fruit, etc. The options are endless!
- 3 pita breads (or other flatbread)*
- 6 Tbsp soft creamy feta cheese
Classic Oregano Per Pita
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
Fresh Dill Per Pita
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1 Tbsp fresh coarsely chopped dill
Tomato and Cucumber with Basil Per Pita
- 2 Tbsp small diced tomato
- 2 Tbsp small diced cucumber
- 1/4 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp fresh basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Lay pita breads on large baking sheet.
- Using back of spoon, spread 2 Tbsp of feta evenly on each pita bread. Keep feta crumbly or press smooth, your choice
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes until pita and tips of feta turn golden brown.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle on toppings.
Classic Oregano – sprinkle on oregano.
Fresh Dill – sprinkle on oregano and fresh chopped dill.
Tomato and Cucumber – mix tomato, cucumber, seasoning and oil in small bowl and spoon on top of pita. Top with fresh basil cut in thin strips (chiffonade).
- Use a pizza cutter or large knife to cut into wedges and enjoy.
* Instead of pita, use other flatbreads like Naan, tortilla wraps. You can even use frozen pizza bottoms, puff pastry or make your own pizza dough. Store any leftovers in the fridge. They’re great right out of the fridge or you can reheat them (depending on topping) in a 350°F oven if you prefer.
This is a recipe developed by Professional Home Economist Getty Stewart (@GetGettyS).